Saturday, March 12, 2011

spoiled

I have clearly gotten spoiled.

For the last year or so, I've been fortunate enough to have been able to go to a conference on teaching and learning every couple months (this is what happens when you blanket the teaching and learning conferences with proposals and a huge number of the are unexpectedly accepted). Each time I go to one, I am reminded that (a) I'm not alone in my interests and passion; (b) I have much to learn and many ways to continue to grow and (c) I need to take the time to put into practice what I know since it is so easy to get lazy and fall back on what's been 'good enough' in the past.

I am, unfortunately, now in the position of not going to another conference until the beginning of June. June!

I have come to so enjoy the experience of these meetings, getting to know and spend concentrated time with folks that I'm really missing it.

Luckily, I have started a couple reading groups on campus focused on teaching so that should hold me until June, but it's gonna be really difficult.

No comments: