Sunday, August 17, 2008

Syllabi Creation

Today is the day to keep working on syllabi. I was on a serious roll back in, um, June working on these and was so proud of what I accomplished that I've just been sitting back and admiring what I've done. Now the beginning of the semester is a week away and what was so admirable at the beginning of the summer is looking rather paltry given all that still has to be done. At least I've got books ordered and a general sense of what I want to happen. It's just a matter of getting it all down on paper in a form that's actually useful to students.

I'm trying this year to be as detailed as possible. I'm giving students not only the reading assignments but also things to think about while reading and a heads up on what to expect in class as we discuss the reading. I don't know if it'll actually be more useful for the students (seeing as they'll actually have to look at it to make use of it) but it sure does look cool with columns and such.

We'll see.

No comments: